Ecodesign Order Regulation – which lamps will disappear?
The corresponding EU regulations came into force on December 25, 2019 – some of the requirements already became effective on 1st September 2021.
Light sources that do not meet the specified minimum efficiency may no longer be placed on the market.
Which lamps may no longer be placed on the market?
From September 1, 2021, among others:
- Compact fluorescent lamps (with integrated ballast / E14, E27 etc.)
From September 1, 2023, among others:
- Linear fluorescent lamps T8 (with a standard lengths of 600, 1,200 and 1,500 mm, typically 18, 36 and 58 watts)
Which lamps will continue to be permitted, among others?
- Compact fluorescent lamps (without integrated ballast)
- Linear fluorescent lamps T5
- Circular fluorescent lamps
Special lamps and light sources for special applications are not or partially not affected, e.g. light sources for emergency and signal lighting.